Where Are We?
Pembroke, South West Wales
Westgate Evangelical Chapel is situate in Pembroke across the road from the wel known Pembroke Castle, birth place of the Tudor King Henry VII.
The Church, which is situated near the 'West Gate' of the old town wall adjacent to the Castle, has occupied this position since 1826 and was completely rebuilt in 1866. It was one of a number of places of worship that came into being following the Welsh revival in 1735 when the Spirit of God came upon men like Howell Harris and Daniel Rowlands and their powerful preaching turned the people back to God.
Note Westgate in the bottom right hand corner. A very prominent position!
Westgate Evangelical Chapel, Westgate Hill, Commons Road, Pembroke. SA71 4EA
Sat Nav GPS Location (51:40:33.4 N 4:55:15W)